An Israel advocacy group is placing billboards around the U.S. saying that “Israelis invested $57 billion in U.S. Companies” in 2000-2010.
by Alison Weir
We have created a website that responds to these claims: IsraelisInvested57bill
- U.S. taxpayers give money outright to Israel: more than $8 million per day.
- Investors invest to make profits. This doesn’t mean that whoever invests in the U.S. is an ally or friend to Americans.
- just 3% of total foreign investment in US enterprises in that period — a tiny amount compared to the largest investors.
- Israel’s economy is faring much better that that of the U.S., according to key economic indicators (such as unemployment rate). See table below.
- Israel has cost the U.S. much more — an estimated $1.6 trillion from 1973 to 2003 alone
Please share this website widely with anyone who has seen these billboards or who might know someone who has. We hope this resource will help inform the uninformed and help the informed refute these misleading advertisements.
Use this site to respond to misleading billboards:
|Israel’s investment was just 3% of foreign investment in the U.S. 2000-2010|
|Other countries invested vastly more in the same time. Israel isn’t even among the top 20 countries investing in the U.S.|
Ms. Weir writes and speaks on issues covering the situation in Palestine/Israel, addresses the historical context and provides critique of how the media covers issues which challenges U.S. foreign policy and well-funded lobby interests. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is one of the world’s major sources of instability. Americans are directly connected to this conflict, and increasingly imperiled by its devastation. It is the goal ofIf Americans Knew to provide full and accurate information on this critical issue.
Check out her latest book Against Our Better Judgment: The Hidden History of How the U.S. Was Used to Create Israel (2014)
For more information visit her website at Allison Weir Official Web SiteShe can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Alison Weir (see all)
- Lawsuit says Caltech Provost and others ignored Israeli spying - January 15, 2015
- Neoconservatives - December 28, 2014
- Christian Evangelicals Increasingly Support Palestinian Human Rights - October 20, 2014
Posted by Alison Weir on 11:34 pm, With 0 Reads, Filed under Causes, Civil Liberties, Corruption, Foreign Lobbies, Foreign Policy, Government, Legislation, Life, Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.