CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT OBAMA!
The good Doctor’s opinion, and hopes revisited.
His prescriptions have always been as good as his diagnoses.
Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad
(Former Prime Minister of Malaysia)
January 1, 2009
I did not vote for you in the Presidential Election because I am Malaysian. But I consider myself one of your constituents because what you do or say will affect me and my country as well.
I welcome your promise for change. Certainly your country, the United States of America needs a lot of changes.
That is because America and Americans have become the most hated people in the world. Even Europeans dislike your arrogance. Yet you were once admired and liked because you freed a lot of countries from conquest and subjugation. It is the custom on New Year’s day for people to make resolutions. You must have listed your good resolutions already. But may I politely suggest that you also resolve to do the following in pursuit of Change.
1) Stop killing people. The United States is too fond of killing people in order to achieve its objectives. You call it war, but today’s wars are not about professional soldiers fighting and killing each other. It is about killing people, ordinary innocent people by the hundreds of thousands. Whole countries will be devastated. War is primitive, the cavemen’s way of dealing with a problem. Stop your arms build up and your planning for future wars.
2) Stop indiscriminate support of Israeli killers with your money and your weapons. The planes and the bombs killing the people of Gaza are from you.
3) Stop applying sanctions against countries which cannot do the same against you. In Iraq your sanctions killed 500,000 children through depriving them of medicine and food. Others were born deformed. What have you achieved with this cruelty? Nothing except the hatred of the victims and right-thinking people.
4) Stop your scientists and researchers from inventing new and more diabolical weapons to kill more people more efficiently.
5) Stop your arms manufacturers from producing them. Stop your sales of arms to the world. It is blood money that you earn. It is un-Christian.
6) Stop trying to democratize all the countries of the world. Democracy may work for the United States but it does not always work for other countries. Don’t kill people because they are not democratic. Your crusade to democratize countries has killed more people than the authoritarian Governments which you overthrew. And you have not succeeded anyway.
7) Stop the casinos which you call financial institutions. Stop hedge funds, derivatives and currency trading. Stop banks from lending non-existent money by the billions. Regulate and supervise your banks. Jail the miscreants who made profits from abusing the system.
8) Sign the Kyoto Protocol and other international agreements.
9) Show respect for the United Nations.
I have many other resolutions for change which I think you should consider and undertake.
But I think you have enough on your plate for this 2012th year of the Christian Era.
If you can do only a few of what I suggest, you will be remembered by the world as a great leader. Then the United States will again be the most admired nation.
Your embassies will be able to take down the high fences and razor-wire coils that surround them.
May I wish you a Happy New Year and a great Presidency.
Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad
(Former Prime Minister of Malaysia)
OBAMA AND THE FINANCIAL CRISIS
By Dr. Mahathir Mohamad
on April 5, 2009
1. When President Obama made a bid for three trillion dollars in order to deal with the financial crisis, I assumed that like the immediate past President and the Head of the Federal Reserve, he was going to use the money to bail out the failed banks and financial institutions.
2. This would be an exercise in futility because those banks and institutions failed because they cheated, because they abused the system. The only way they could be restored is by allowing them to cheat and abuse again, creating money out of thin air and lending 20 to 30 times more of this money to the funds held by the borrowing institutions for them to invest. It is this practice which has precipitated the financial crisis.
3. The bailouts have clearly failed. Increasing the amounts of bailout will not result in success. The failure will only get worse. It’s the classical sending good money after bad money.
4. Now Obama and Brown are talking of going against the powerful financial elites. Brown implicated a shadow banking system based in financial havens – a system that has been beyond the control of Governments, and bereft of rules and regulation.
5. For decades the shadow banking system has been raping the world. Previous Governments had been forced to cover up their depredations. The bubble they created should have burst earlier. But the political elites did not have the guts. And so the abuses and cheatings had gone on until they became so big that cover-ups became no longer possible.
6. And when the bubble bursts the miscreants expected as a matter of right for the political backers to help then recover through bailouts with public money.
7. Now it seems there is a leader who dares to take on the powerful financial barons.
8. If I am not wrong I think Obama is about to destroy the cozy relationship between the American political elites and the financial elites.
9. This is because the only way to stop the rot is to destroy completely all the failed banks and financial institutions including the great insurance companies. They must not be revived, much less restored to their former selves.
10. Their victims should be helped out but they too must not be fully recompensed.
11. The world must return to doing real business – that of producing goods and supplying services. This will lead to the economies of the rich in particular to shrink. The GDP and the per capita will be much reduced.
12. There is no way this impoverishment of the rich can be avoided. There is no way the world can avoid a shrinkage of the total world economy, if we are going to stop a repetition of this financial crisis.
13. I hope Mr Obama will break the stranglehold of the financial elites on the political elites of America.
Short URL: http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/?p=219656
Posted by Debbie Menon on Dec 18 2012, With 0 Reads, Filed under AfPak, Drug War, Editors' Picks, Expert Opinions ME, Heroes, Iraq War, Libya, Middle East Conflicts, Military, News From the Region, Support the Troops, War. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.