In a speech to the National Iranian American Council, Brzezinksi said:
“I don’t think there is an implicit obligation for the United States to follow like a stupid mule whatever the Israelis do. If they decide to start a war, simply on the assumption that we’ll automatically be drawn into it, I think it is the obligation of friendship to say, ‘you’re not going to be making national decision for us.’ I think that the United States has the right to have its own national security policy.”
Leading U.S. strategist Zbigniew Brzezinski — unofficial dean of the realist school of American foreign policy experts — has drawn an unflattering picture of U.S.-Israel relations.
By denying any U.S. “obligation” to “follow like a stupid mule whatever the Israelis do,” Brzezinski accurately implied that this is exactly what the U.S. has been doing up until now. And by plaintively opining that “the United States has the right to have its own national security policy,” the former National Security adviser underlined the fact that since the assassination of John F. Kennedy, who secretly went to war with Ben Gurion in a doomed effort to abort the Israeli nuclear weapons program, the U.S. has not enjoyed that right.
Brzezinski’s assertion that the U.S. is being led by the nose like a stupid mule by the Israelis is perhaps the most candid statement of its kind ever uttered in public by a high-level U.S. strategist. Brzezinski’s remarks reflect the mainstreaming of the arguments presented by leading U.S. political scientists Walt and Mearsheimer in their book The Israel Lobby.
Indeed, Brzezinski has gone much further than Walt and Mearsheimer, who couch their critique of the tail-wags-the-dog U.S.-Israel relationship in extremely cautious language. By laying it out so explicitly, Brzezinski is in effect joining the ranks of such scholars as James Petras and Grant F Smith, who leave Walt and Mearsheimer in the dust as they boldly and accurately describe the outrageous, destructive, and quite literally criminal Israeli domination of the U.S. (As Smith argues in Foreign Agents, the hundreds of thousands of members of the Zionist Power Configuration described by Petras are acting as unregistered agents of a foreign power; if the law were properly enforced, they would all be in prison.)
The strong words from Brzezinski, and the mainstreaming of similar sentiments, illustrate a growing backlash against Israel’s ever-more-shameless, ever-more poorly concealed domination of the USA. The post-9/11 era has witnessed a rash of unbelievably arrogant Israeli actions, including:
• Benjamin Netanyahu’s reaction to 9/11. (He triumphantly chortled that 9/11 was “very good,” then hastily added that he meant it was very good for Israel.)
• Ariel Sharon’s reaction to 9/11: “We Jews control America, and the Americans know it.”
• Allegedly retired Mossad chief spook Mike Harari’s huge victory party in Bangkok, Thailand celebrating the success of the 9/11 operation.
• The team of “dancing Israelis,” later outed as Mossad spies by The Forward, who were arrested for wildly celebrating the success of the 9/11 operation.
• The use of organized crime assets like then-NYC Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik to cover up the 9/11 story of the century: The arrest of Israelis with vans full of explosives trying to blow up New York’s bridges and tunnels on the morning of 9/11.
• The actions of newly-retired Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak in the immediate aftermath of 9/11: Barak, Christopher Bollyn’s top 9/11 suspect, had come to the U.S. for mysterious reasons after stepping down as PM in March 2001, and immediately after 9/11 all but ordered the U.S. to declare a “war on terror” and invade Afghanistan and other countries – making him the first public figure to describe the “war on terror” response to 9/11.
• The Israel lobby’s demolition of the Congressional career of 9/11-truth-seeker Rep. Cynthia McKinney.
• The Israel lobby’s persecution of American Muslims including Sami al-Arian, who was imprisoned and tortured for the “terrorist” crime of supporting the Palestinians’ right to defend themselves.
• The Israel lobby’s persecution of Christian peacemaker Mark Siljander, who was sent to prison on trumped-up charges for the crime of telling other Christians the truth about Islam, and thereby undermining the Israelis’ islamophobic “war on terror” narrative.
• The Israel lobby’s increasing use of its organized crime assets to dominate American politics through blackmail, fraud, drug trafficking, money laundering, assassination, and other crimes.
• Israel’s assassination threats against President Obama, notably the one delivered by unregistered Israeli agent Andrew Adler.
• Israel’s blatant intervention in U.S. elections, including its use of organized crime in vote-fraud efforts – which may finally have failed in 2012 when Netanyahu imploded at the UN, and his hand-picked puppet Mitt Romney imploded in the final election results.
• Israel’s ongoing attempts to drag the U.S. into wars-for-Israel that damage U.S. interests – including wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Pakistan and elsewhere, as well as Israel’s proposed attack on Iran.
• And finally, of course, Israel’s ever-more-arrogant refusal to do what the U.S. and every other country on earth insists it must do: Return to its pre-1967 borders and make peace with its neighbors.
Will Congress approve this as the new American flag – representing
the “stupid American mule” that Israel always leads by the nose?
Credit: Veterans Today
Is the “stupid American mule” described by Brzezinski finally waking up?
Or, to use Anatol Lieven’s animal metaphor: Is the dog finally noticing that “this is not a case of the tail wagging the dog, but of the tail wagging the unfortunate dog around the room and banging its head against the ceiling”?
Dr. Kevin Barrett, a Ph.D. Arabist-Islamologist, is one of America’s best-known critics of the War on Terror. His work has been published in many of America’s leading newspapers. Dr. Barrett has taught at colleges and universities in San Francisco, Paris, and Wisconsin, where he ran for Congress in 2008. He is radio talk show host at Truth Jihad Radio. He is the co-founder of the Muslim-Christian-Jewish Alliance, and author of the books : My Epic Struggle Against the 9/11 Big Lie (2007) and Questioning the War on Terror: A Primer for Obama Voters (2009).
Posted by VNN on December 1, 2012, With 0 Reads, Filed under Civil Liberties, Corruption, Foreign Lobbies, Foreign Policy, Government, Legislation. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry